Friday 15 January 2016

COY11 at distance from Spain: Carlota's testimony


by Carlota Cruz Díez


I was one of the young Spanish “Let’s Take Care of the Planet”- participants who were elected to participate in COY11. Since the moment I knew I was one of them and that I was travelling to Paris in order to make the message from the youth of my country heard by people from all over the word, I got very excited.

One of my biggest dreams was going to come true! I had never heard of COY11 before and I didn’t know that our voice was really going to be important to adults!

Suddenly came the attacks in Paris and my “near reality” was again a dream and I got sad...

But then I thought “Why am I sad?”
So, I started to spread the word in my new school, asking my friends to tell their other friends how to pollute less the world... I made many conferences in my new school and made people change their mind.

Maybe, I couldn’t travel to Paris and make our common voice heard, but I can make my voice heard. So…if it’s not now, when? If not us, who?

Alone we go faster, but together we go further.

No comments:

Post a Comment